CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSION
- Narrative feature
- Narrative short
- Documentary feature
- Documentary short
- Short short (12 minutes or less)
- Music Video
NOTE: Shorts are considered anything less than 50 minutes TRT.
The preferred submission method is online via Withoutabox
You may also enter by sending your submission copy to:
Festivus Film Festival
ATTN: Kate O’Neill
236 S. Logan St.
Denver , CO 80209
Please be sure to enclose the following with your submission:
- Entrant contact information
- Submission category
- Check made out to Festivus Film Festival for the appropriate entry fee
Entry fees are as follows:
|Date (postmarked)||Fee (Feature)||Fee (Short)|
|Earlybird Deadline||July 31||40.00||35.00|
|Normal Deadline||October 1||45.00||40.00|
|Late Deadline||October 21||55.00||50.00|
|WAB-only extended deadline||November 10||75.00||70.00|
Notification date: December 1, 2012
Please note: Payments made by check for entry fee’s must be made out to Festivus Film Festival
- Screening submissions must be on DVD, region 1 or 0 in NTSC format.
- Please do not send any promotional materials with your submission. We’ll let you know what we need when your film is accepted.
- Please be sure to enter under the correct category. The categories are: Narrative feature, narrative short, documentary feature, documentary short, animated short, music video, short short (12 minutes or less), and experimental short. Less than 50 minutes will be considered a short, more than 50 minutes will be considered a feature. If you are not sure which category to submit to, please contact us.
- Films may have distribution. There are no restrictions on premiere status.
- The festival does not accept works in progress.
- The exhibition formats for the festival are DVD, HDCam, and Blu Ray.
- All entered films grant Festivus Film Festival a non exclusive limited use agreement to use film promotional materials to promote the festival and selected films to the industry and general public. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual Property.
- Selected films must provide their final exhibition copy to the festival at least 20 days prior to the festival. If your screener is to be used as the exhibition copy just let us know.
- Have a question about anything not covered here? Just ask!